Save The Date!
Annual Stockyards City Christmas Parade and District-Wide Celebration
December 6th and 7th, 2013
Saddle up for the annual Cowboy Christmas celebration being held December, 6th and 7th at the Historic Stockyards in south Oklahoma City. On Saturday, December 7th, parade viewers of all ages will “ooh” and “ahh” at the sight of seventy-five steer leading Santa and the parade down its route! Not only will onlookers see the big guy in red, but they will watch as Native American dancers, cattle ropers, and many more take over Main Street! Where else, but in Oklahoma would you see cattle, horses, dancers and Santa all in one place? Nowhere!
Cowboy Christmas Timeline:
Friday, December 6th:
· 6 p.m. – Tree lighting ceremony
· 6:30 p.m. – District-wide open house with complimentary refreshments
· 7:30 p.m. – Holiday concert at the Rodeo Opry
Saturday, December 7th:
· 10 a.m. – Parade begins
· 11 a.m. – Pictures with Santa at the Rodeo Opry
· 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Free family activities at participating merchants
If you’ve never visited Stockyard City, December 6th and 7th is the weekend to do so. The events are free and it’s fun for all ages. Plus, stay and enjoy many other activities sponsored by the local businesses of the Stockyards. For more information or for sponsorship details, contact the office at email@example.com or 235-7267.